What will happen if a customer doesn't receive a smile nor a "thank you" when he's waited a good while at the counter?
- He won't return to the shop.
- He won't be doing any word of mouth marketing for the shop.
- He'll get stressed and grumpy.
What is the best way to motivate your team?
- be grumpy.
- be cheerful.
Which of the following was NOT on the list of tips?
- Talk to your employees on a regular basis and tell them when they are doing things well.
- Be fair and consistent in your disciplinary system when they fail to perform.
- Make time for people. Schedule regular periods where you can dedicate more time to them.
- Discipline your employees. Make sure they do a full-time job. They can never relax.
According to Herb Kelleher, how does he motivate his staff?
- By touching them frequently both at work and at home.
- By showing them that he values them as individuals, not just as workers.
- By providing them with generous profit sharing schemes and stock options.