||Carla Nunes Santos
English and Portuguese.
€ 25 per/hour – online/telephone classes
Ask for an estimate for Group classes.
About the teacher: Energetic, committed and highly qualified teacher who is student-focused and provides a well-balanced, supportive and engaging learning environment for the student. Proficient at tailoring lesson plans to incorporate students’ diverse interests and objectives with the language.
Talent for integrating real life experiences in the classes so as to prepare the students for real life situations such as trips, presentations, meetings, conference calls and telephoning in order to generate independent thought and improve writing, speaking, listening and reading skills. Hard working and trustworthy educator who strives for excellence.
More than 15 years teaching both Portuguese and English in São Paulo (Brazil), London (England) and Madrid (Spain). Teaching General, Business and Legal English/ Portuguese classes as well as preparatory course for the following exams: CAE, CPE, FCE, TOIEC, TOEFL, IELTS, ILEC and TOLES (English) and CELPE-BRAS (Portuguese). Also work as a translator & interpreter (Portuguese/English or English/Portuguese).
- Winner – Legal English School – São Paulo – Brazil (2005 to 2006) – English teacher
- Universal Studies Consultoria & Treinamento em idiomas – São Paulo – Brazil (2007 to 2011 – break from 2008 to 2009) – English and Portuguese Teacher & Translator
- Cactus Language Training – Brighton, England – (2008 to 2009) – Portuguese and English teacher – Portuguese Teacher
- One Training Cursos de Inglês, Espanhol & Português. – Portuguese & English teacher
- Translated the book: CHRONIQUE DU BRÉSIL – Collective Management and working control of intellectual works and their ways of use if Brazil. – (2011) - Translator
- Work as an interpreter (simultaneous and consecutive – Portuguese/English) and having done many jobs, especially for TV (tv broadcast with more than 20 million viewers in Brazil): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dUkXxg45vY - (2012) - Interpreter
- Ran my own English/Portuguese school in São Paulo/ Brazil for 5 years managing a team of 10 teachers: www.onetraining.com.br - (2011 to 2016) - Owner
- Moved recently to Madrid and mostly working with students with executive profile
–Portuguese and English teacher
• Graduated in Translation & Interpretation (Portuguese & English) – Centro Universitátio Ibero-Americana (2004) - São Paulo – Brazil
• Legal English – Finance and Capital Markets for Lawyers – Associação dos Advogados de São Paulo (2006) – Brazil
• English for Legal Professionals – Target English (2007) – São Paulo – Brazil
• International English Certificate (IELTS) – International House of London (2008) – London, England.
• TOLES – Test of Legal English Skills – School of London (2009) – London, England.
• CELTA – Certificate of teaching English For Speakers of Other Languages (2009) – London, England.
• Curso de Formação de Professores PLE – Schola (2010) – São Paulo – Brazil.
• Curso da didática da língua Portuguesa – UniEducar (online course) (2011) – São Paulo – Brazil.
• Coaching Empresarial – Fernando Prestes Maia (2013) – São Paulo – Brazil.
My teaching methodology is very dynamic and personalized. Each student has a different was of learning and so as to understand how my student functions in class, we first have a free trial lesson in order to build up a programme and project of lessons (gathering both the student’s needs and objectives). I use the latest technological tools in class (Ebeam & MindMapping) and they can certainly force the student to participate more and take greater advantage of all content given in class. Moreover, such tools allow me to use different sorts of materials (audio & visual) and the student can then receive all content given in class within 24 hours. Thus, the student can explore all the 4 abilities in the language: listening, writing, speaking and reading.
Please contact me to have a free trial lesson.
March 25: Carla has availability on Mondays: 08-11:00, Tuesdays: 10-14:00 and 16-18:00, Wednesdays: 11-14:00 and 16-18:00, and Thursdays: 11-14:00 and 16-18:00.
658 673 724.